Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Great Start!

The 2014 - 2015 school year is off to a great start at TIMA! A huge THANKS goes out to all staff, parents, and community members who have helped make this possible. Thursday and Friday were great days for my new group of Mrs. Smith's Sailors! Everyone is excited to set sail on this journey of learning. We were so excited on the first day, that we neglected to take an official photo, but below you can find a couple of shots we snapped on our second day. Our first class photo! Check out this amazing group!



 On our first two days, we completed many fun back-to-school and get to know you activities. We also read several great books. I am so impressed by how brave this group has been about starting Kindergarten! Even when a few tears have been shed, new friends have stepped in to comfort their classmates! This makes my heart smile to see these kids forming bonds so quickly! In celebration of being brave we read a great book on the topic - My Brave Year of Firsts. The kids love it and I recommend it to all parents to re-read throughout the year.

After reading this book, the class shared about brave firsts in their own lives. I'll send these home so you can see your child's drawing! Students drew everything from the first time they ate collard greens to the first time they saw a jellyfish. It was a fun time for sharing!

I hope you will check back on the blog frequently for new posts. I'll post newsletters, updates, class activities and other information of interest on here! Let me know what type of content you would like to see.

Mrs. Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment