Saturday, August 15, 2015

The ABCs of Our Class

Every year, I read a book called the ABCs of Mrs. Smith to my class. This book helps introduce myself to the class and also helps introduce the class to the alphabet. Students are able to see things that relate to my life that begin with each letter of the alphabet. I am able to informally assess students' familiarity with the alphabet and I'm usually simply entertained by their reactions to the book. I never knew how funny my life was until I shared it with a group of Kindergarten students. :)

After reading this book last week, the class created a chart listing the letters of the alphabet. We worked together to come up with things in our class or words that could describe our class that would cover each letter of the alphabet.

Then, this week, students worked to illustrate the different pages, thus completing our book. Originally, I wanted to make a copy of the book for each student, but in the interest of conserving resources (and allowing you to see the beautiful colors) I am posting each page of the book here. I hope you enjoy our class masterpiece!































No comments:

Post a Comment